Introduction to Game Development -- Unity
A COURSE FOR STUDENTS OR PROFESSIONALS LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE
WHAT: This is a short, introductory course that teaches students the basics of Unity, Game Programming Patterns, C#, etc.
WHO: You should have a base understanding of at least one programming language.
CLASS TYPE: 2 to 6 virtual students, LIVE teacher
About the Course
A less intensive Unity class than the Intro to VR Game Design
The goal is to focus on the overall architectural systems of Unity, and then release you for a "capstone" project work time with a live instructor on the call with them
Why Take This Course?
Perfect for people considering switching careers, or who are currently working on a degree.
1. What are the different game engines out there?
2. Introduction to C# -- building a short "guess game" in C# only
3. Introduction to Unity 3D -- First Steps
4. Objects in Unity -- Scripts Vs. Scriptable Objects
5. Game Programming Patterns -- what are they and how can they be used in Unity
6. "Capstone" project
What do I need to know
There are no pre-reqs for this course
Online Virtual Remote via the CGAplatform (see email for link or contact us at CGA@mxtreality.com)
Owing to COVID, this course may be available on-site. Please contact us for more info by email
Monday Through Friday – 10am to 4pm PST